Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Long Hard Night

Folks have been asking me to post something personal on the blog, and not just sermon outlines. I have decided to do so, with the expectation of not absolutely boring my readers to tears. The past week our church has had its annual Bible Conference. We had Dr. Jim Ellis, and Dr. Phil Stringer with us for some prophecy teaching. It has been very full of good teaching, and I personally have gotten great understanding from their efforts. I appreciate them taking time to visit, and wish them both a very safe trip back to the respective homes. We also had Bro. Martin Wickens, missionary to Northern Ireland, drop in for a visit. I have grown very fond of Bro. Martin, and finally had the chance to meet his family. They are a delightful family, and I'll be praying earnestly for them as they are on deputation for their work there in Northern Ireland.

Last Saturday we had my Ordination service. Preachers from around the area came by to serve on my board. It was a long hard night because I had been suffering from the stomach flu the day and evening before, and had become accustomed to the taste of my socks by the time service started. If you missed it, I am referring to my constant vomiting. Thank God I made it through the service. I'd like to thank each member of the board of preachers very much for the attending and serving on such a wonderful occasion for me. It is truly an honor to be counted worthy of this position. Thanks also to my family that came to support me. I can't say enough how important it is to have such caring people praying for me at home.

Please keep my wife in prayer as she has been suffering from severe sciatica. She has an MRI tomorrow which should shed more light on her cause of pain. Also, keep me in prayer as I as always am in need of it.

Thanks for reading, and God bless you!

Bro. Mike

No comments: